Italian potato gnocchi with tomato sauce
Serves 4 people:
- (400 g) 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 t.s. of Agliata seasoning
- 0,5 t.s. of Napoli seasoning
- 50 g grated cheese (parmesan in the classic recipe)
- 20 g butter
For gnocchi dough:
- 500 g boiled potatoes
- 125 g flour (the amount of flour depends on potato properties and may differ)
- 25 g grated cheese (approximately 1 tablespoon)
1. Dough-making: Add 1 tablespoon of grated cheese and a pinch of salt to mashed boiled potatoes. Mix flour in until the dough stops being sticky.
A little tip: you can change the colour of the dough to green, yellow or red with Vivasan seasonings: Curry red or green.
2. Form gnocchi with the dough using a water-wetted teaspoon or special device.
3. Melt some butter in a pan, fry gnocchi on medium heat.
4. Put diced tomatoes in a stewpot, add Agliata and Napoli seasonings, bring it to the boil.
5. Add gnocchi dumplings to the tomato sauce, let it boil and take the pan off the stove.
6. Sprinkle with grated cheese right before serving.
We recommend you to serve this dish with fresh green vegetable salad for balanced diet.